WH Smith lifts profits
WH Smith said it has enjoyed a solid performance across the group and is confident in the outcome for the full year
Revenues slipped to £716m from £731m over the same period the previous year, while pre-tax profits edged up to £62m from £61m.
Group total sales fell 2% with like-for-like (LFL) sales down 4%, travel total sales were up 2% with LFL sales down 2%. High Street total sales were down 4% with LFL sales down 4% whilst High Street LFL sales excluding Entertainment were down 1%.
‘Looking forward, we remain cautious about consumer spending and our plans reflect this. We are confident in the outcome for the full year,’ said chief executive Kate Swann.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here