'Sense + Respond' provides multi-channel retailers with real-time insights and predictive analysis
Checkpoint Systems, the global supplier of merchandise availability solutions for the retail sector, has collaborated with Microsoft to bring Checkpoint RFID Merchandise Visibility solutions to the cloud, and enhance them by using Microsoft analytical tools.
The resulting cloud-based merchandise visibility solution, Sense + Respond, provides multi-channel retailers with a flexible, fast deployment approach to gather real-time insights and predictive analytics.
Sense + Respond uses Checkpoint Systems’ Internet of Things platform for retailers, the OAT Foundation Suite, along with Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions, enabling retailers to make informed business decisions in real-time.
“In the race to win shopper loyalty, retailers must find better, faster ways to understand and engage connected consumers across channels,” said Uwe Sydon, senior vice president of innovation at Checkpoint Systems. “As the global RFID deployment leader, we chose to collaborate with Microsoft to create a scalable, easy-to-deploy merchandise visibility solution that enables retailers to quickly realize value.”
The new merchandise visibility solution positively impacts retail revenue by optimizing the following:
• Increased customer engagement and conversion across channels through real-time, sensor-enabled shopper insights, integrated with systems of record and business intelligence tools.
• Increased omni-channel fulfillment efficiency, service quality and employee empowerment through sensor-enabled task management applications.
• Improved supply chain agility and optimised last-mile delivery through real-time inventory transparency and order fulfilment process automation.
• Increased shelf availability in-store through improved inventory tracking and accuracy.
• Faster deployment and lower total cost of ownership through high-performing cloud-based and hybrid IT architecture solutions.
• A 360-degree view of customer behavior and touch points through the integration of multi-modal sensor data (RFID, NFC, Location-Based etc.) with retailers’ existing systems of record.
• Actionable and powerful insights to retailers by integrating Checkpoint’s rich IoT data and the powerful machine learning of Microsoft Azure for data mining and predictive analytics capabilities.
Brendan O’Meara, managing director of worldwide retail and consumer goods at Microsoft, said:“Retailers are increasingly deploying sensor solutions for real-time insights at each step in the shopping journey, whether online, on mobile devices or in brick and mortar stores. Checkpoint’s Sense + Respond solution running on the Microsoft Azure IoT Suite integrates RFID and enterprise systems into an intelligent cloud that ‘connect the dots’ of the modern shopper experience and empowers retailers to respond quickly to fast-evolving consumer needs.”
Checkpoint will be demonstrating the Sense + Respond solution in Microsoft Booth 2803 at the NRF Big Show from 17 to 20 January 2016.
Checkpoint will offer this new solution through its worldwide sales teams beginning in early 2016.