Sportswear retailer JD Sports said its group performance was in line with expectations today despite warning that the Blacks and Millets outdoor fascias would make a “substantial but significantly reduced” loss in the current financial year.
DFS saw an increase in sales and Ebitda in the nine months to the end of April as the furniture retailer looked to broaden its appeal by targeting ”more aspirational” consumers.
Last year, the company opened on average more than one store a week. This year they're planning to do it again, creating jobs across the UK.
Online retailer The Hut Group has bought premium fashion chain Coggles out of administration.
First half-year results also impacted by substantial negative currency translation
Latest retail news headlines
Featured White Paper
UK Head of Retail, KPMG
Head of Retail,
Whitepapers & Case Studies
- Uncovering Missed Revenue Opportunities – Exploring the Customer Lifecycle
- Case Study: Sanderson’s Elucid CRM system delivers much more for Beaverbrooks
- Case study: Dfs customer experience measurement by Grass Roots
- Retail Bulletin Back to Basics
- Global Online Shopper Report
- White Paper: Town Centre Regeneration – Part 3
- iCIMS - Optimising Retail Recruitment
- 2012 UK Online Fraud Report – Are you playing a few moves behind the fraudsters?
- White Paper: Regenerating the High Street - Part two, Innovate but learn from others too
- Brandbank Co-operative Case Study
- New Look Mystery Shopping case study - Grass Roots
- Eco-Friendly POS: It’s Not Easy Being Green..or is it? – Star Micronics
- ASDA, ‘Happy to Help Every Day’ – Grass Roots
- Retail Horror Stories & Why Workforce Management Matters - Reflexis
- People Counting what does it do for me? - Intelligent Counting Ltd