Pub companies threaten to sue Government in European courts if it presses ahead with plans to reform industry, A nervous wait for Co-op bondholders as authorities pore over lender's books, Hotel Chocolat in talks with private equity groups about possible sale, valuing confectioner at up to £100m, Planet Hollywood founder gets taste for UK, Cambridge satchels firm holds China talks, Cambridge Satchel Company is in talks with Zong Qinghou, Mine's a double: Private equity could get twice £75m it paid for bottle maker, Ryanair's dream to be grounded: Watchdog poised to order Michael O'Leary to halve carrier's stake in Aer Lingus, Boden tries foreigners for size as label goes for growth, Halfords follows that Mamil, Menzies hotels face sale after Lloyds checks out, Cosmetics duo clean up with big payout
The landmark was celebrated at one of Sainsbury’s brand new Local stores in Bloomsbury, London, which has recruited 11 colleagues through Remploy.
Latest research has shown that if customers are served with a smile they are likely to spend 40% more than those who did not receive what they regard as satisfactory assistance in store.
For some years, Marks & Spencer and Interflora have been locking horns over Marks & Spencer’s purchase and use of “Interlflora” as a keyword. By Lee Curtis
John Lewis saw its sales rise by 8.8% year-on-year last week as good weather and a price matching initiative helped to drive footfall in stores and an increase in traffic online.
Latest retail news headlines
Featured White Paper
UK Head of Retail, KPMG
Head of Retail,
Whitepapers & Case Studies
- Uncovering Missed Revenue Opportunities – Exploring the Customer Lifecycle
- Case Study: Sanderson’s Elucid CRM system delivers much more for Beaverbrooks
- Case study: Dfs customer experience measurement by Grass Roots
- Retail Bulletin Back to Basics
- Global Online Shopper Report
- White Paper: Town Centre Regeneration – Part 3
- iCIMS - Optimising Retail Recruitment
- 2012 UK Online Fraud Report – Are you playing a few moves behind the fraudsters?
- White Paper: Regenerating the High Street - Part two, Innovate but learn from others too
- Brandbank Co-operative Case Study
- New Look Mystery Shopping case study - Grass Roots
- Eco-Friendly POS: It’s Not Easy Being Green..or is it? – Star Micronics
- ASDA, ‘Happy to Help Every Day’ – Grass Roots
- Retail Horror Stories & Why Workforce Management Matters - Reflexis
- People Counting what does it do for me? - Intelligent Counting Ltd
Extracts from the 2012 International Expansion SummitYou will need Flash Player to view this video: get.adobe.com/flashplayer