The landmark was celebrated at one of Sainsbury’s brand new Local stores in Bloomsbury, London, which has recruited 11 colleagues through Remploy.
Latest research has shown that if customers are served with a smile they are likely to spend 40% more than those who did not receive what they regard as satisfactory assistance in store.
For some years, Marks & Spencer and Interflora have been locking horns over Marks & Spencer’s purchase and use of “Interlflora” as a keyword. By Lee Curtis
John Lewis saw its sales rise by 8.8% year-on-year last week as good weather and a price matching initiative helped to drive footfall in stores and an increase in traffic online.
Pawnbroking group H&T has warned that volatile gold prices will impact its pre-tax profits.
Latest retail news headlines
Featured White Paper
UK Head of Retail, KPMG
Head of Retail,
Whitepapers & Case Studies
- Uncovering Missed Revenue Opportunities – Exploring the Customer Lifecycle
- Case Study: Sanderson’s Elucid CRM system delivers much more for Beaverbrooks
- Case study: Dfs customer experience measurement by Grass Roots
- Retail Bulletin Back to Basics
- Global Online Shopper Report
- White Paper: Town Centre Regeneration – Part 3
- iCIMS - Optimising Retail Recruitment
- 2012 UK Online Fraud Report – Are you playing a few moves behind the fraudsters?
- White Paper: Regenerating the High Street - Part two, Innovate but learn from others too
- Brandbank Co-operative Case Study
- New Look Mystery Shopping case study - Grass Roots
- Eco-Friendly POS: It’s Not Easy Being Green..or is it? – Star Micronics
- ASDA, ‘Happy to Help Every Day’ – Grass Roots
- Retail Horror Stories & Why Workforce Management Matters - Reflexis
- People Counting what does it do for me? - Intelligent Counting Ltd
Extracts from the 2012 International Expansion SummitYou will need Flash Player to view this video: get.adobe.com/flashplayer