10 former Wilko stores begin their Poundland journey
Former Wilko stores in Stafford, Nelson, Stockport, Eccles, Southport, Maidenhead, Jarrow, Scunthorpe, Barking and Leigh to re-open Saturday 30 September 2023
After announcing it had secured agreement with administrator PwC to take an option on a number of Wilko store leases, Poundland today confirmed Wilko stores in 10 locations would begin their journey to becoming a Poundland this Saturday, 30 September.
The following Wilko stores will open on Saturday morning.
- Broad Street, Chell Road, Stafford, ST16 2DB
- Unit A Pendle Rise Shopping Centre, Nelson, BB9 9SL
- The Peel Centre, Great Portwood Street, Stockport, SK1 2HH
- 21-37 The Mall, Church Street, Eccles, M30 0EA
- 36-40 London Street, Southport, PR9 0TJ
- Lord Street, Leigh, WN7 1AB
- 22/28 East Street, Barking, IG11 8EU
- 88-90 High Street, Maidenhead, SL6 1PT
- 2 -12 Bede Precinct, Viking Centre, Jarrow, NE32 3LN
- Unit 2 The Broadway, Scunthorpe, DN16 2SN
Poundland retail director Darren Kay said: “We’re pleased to be able to re-open so quickly – not least because our ambition is to provide job opportunities for former Wilko colleagues.
“Of course, we’re not yet in a position to offer our fullest ranges in these stores, but we know customers will appreciate a shop that’s open, trading and employing colleagues to one that’s got its shutters closed.
“We’d encourage customers old and new to come and say hello to their new Poundland team from this coming Saturday in each of these 10 locations.”
Poundland intends to carry out a full makeover of these stores in 2024 so they can become fully operational Poundlands.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here