THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
Home Page
News Categories
Christmas Ads
Commentary
Department Stores
Electricals & Technology
Entertainment
Fashion
Food & Drink
General Merchandise
Grocery
Health & Beauty
Home & DIY
Interviews
Property
Retail News
Retail Solutions
Shopping Centres, High Streets & Retail Parks
Sports & Leisure
Retail Events
People in Retail Awards 2023
Retail Marketplace Strategy 2023
Omni Channel Futures 2023
Retail HR Central
Digital Transformation Strategy 2023
Customer Engagement Strategy 2023
Retail HR 2023
THE Retail Conference 2023
Upcoming Retail Events
Past Retail Events
Retail Insights
Retail Solutions
Advertise
About
Contact
Subscribe for free
Terms and Policies
Privacy Policy
Sainsburys acquires eight additional stores from real estate investment trust

Supermarket Income REIT plc (SUPR), the real estate investment trust, has announced an update in relation to its 50:50 joint venture with British Airways Pension Trustees… View Article

GROCERY

Sainsburys acquires eight additional stores from real estate investment trust

Supermarket Income REIT plc (SUPR), the real estate investment trust, has announced an update in relation to its 50:50 joint venture with British Airways Pension Trustees Limited.

The joint venture has a 51 per cent beneficial interest in the Sainsbury’s reversion portfolio. The remaining 49 per cent beneficial interest is held by Sainsbury’s. The portfolio consists of the freeholds to 26 Sainsbury’s supermarkets.

The company has announced that Sainsbury’s has exercised its second purchase option (of two) to acquire eight stores within the portfolio. Sainsbury’s acquisition of the eight stores will be completed in July 2023 upon expiry of the current occupational leases.

The purchase price under the option is to be determined based on the assumption of a new 20-year lease to Sainsbury’s with the initial rent set at the higher of passing or open market, subject to upward-only, five yearly market rent reviews.

The exercise of this option is in addition to the first option exercised by Sainsbury’s in September 2021 to acquire 13 stores within the portfolio, which will be completed in March 2023. In total, Sainsbury’s exercised its option to acquire 21 of the 26 stores in the portfolio.

Ben Green, director of Atrato Capital Limited, the investment advisor to Supermarket Income REIT plc, said: “Sainsbury’s buyback of these stores is further evidence of the strength of demand for grocery property in the UK.

“The exercise of these purchase options is expected to generate a positive NTA impact for Supermarket Income REIT.”

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News