People Matter: Why you should be investing in DEI
If you’re looking to motivate and engage your employees this year, be sure to build a culture that focuses on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
Building a culture people can get behind is key to improving workforce motivation and engaging your employees. Luckily these days that culture is one that has people at the heart of the organisation.
Creating an equitable and inclusive workplace helps to create a positive employee experience, increases employee satisfaction and helps employees feel valued and respected in their workplace.
Here are 7 ways DEI policies can motivate and engage employees:
- Increased sense of belonging: DEI policies can create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds, which can lead to a greater sense of belonging and engagement among employees.
- Improved employee satisfaction: DEI policies can lead to increased employee satisfaction, as employees feel valued and respected in their workplace.
- Enhanced creativity and innovation: DEI policies can lead to increased creativity and innovation, as a diverse workforce brings a range of perspectives and ideas to the table.
- Greater motivation to contribute: DEI policies can lead to greater motivation to contribute, as employees feel that their unique perspectives and experiences are valued and appreciated.
- Better problem-solving: DEI policies can lead to better problem-solving and decision-making, as a diverse workforce brings different perspectives and ideas to the table.
- Increased retention: DEI policies can lead to increased retention, as employees feel valued and respected in their workplace.
- Improved reputation: Companies with a reputation for diversity, equity and inclusion can attract top talent and improve their reputation among customers, which can lead to increased business opportunities.
In summary, DEI policies can motivate and engage employees by creating a more inclusive and welcoming environment, improving employee satisfaction, enhancing creativity and innovation, increasing motivation to contribute, improving problem-solving, increasing retention, and improving reputation.
For more ways to engage and motivate your employees, be sure to check out our Guide: Retail Employee Engagement, Rewards & Recognition.
Putting people first
If you already have a great DEI focus in your retail business, why not recognise your colleagues and nominate them for a People in Retail Award today? It’s free and easy.