Hurr becomes first B Corp rental platform
Often referred to as the “gold standard” for sustainability, B Corp status is awarded to companies that engage in practices that address social and environmental concerns outside of shareholder profit.
Companies applying for B Corp certification are assessed in categories such as governance, workers, community, environment, and customers, with a maximum score of 200 points.
Accomplishments that contributed to Hurr’s B Corp certification include the rental platform’s implementation of reusable packaging for its delivery and return processes, as well as its partnership with the Neutral Wet Cleaning Service in Oxwash carbon. Hurr did not reveal his total score.
Hurr Founder and CEO, Victoria Prew, said: “Since our inception, we have dreamed of achieving B Corp status and have worked hard to ensure Hurr meets its requirements to make this possible. We are committed to changing the future of fashion and are excited to work with other companies to make this a reality.
How Hurr earned B Corp status
● An exclusive partnership with the carbon neutral wet cleaning service Oxwash.
● The use of reusable packaging for Hurr’s rental delivery and return process, which has a 100% return rate. Each bag can be used over 30 times.
● Using the CoGo carbon management expert platform provides information on carbon emissions. More than 6.4 million kg of Co2 have been saved by renting with Hurr instead of buying it, according to the rental platform.
Community and customers
● Hurr’s 2021 partnership with Depop to give a second life to parts that are no longer suitable for rental as well as its resale proposition known as “Keep It Forever” which allows customers to purchase parts at any stage of the rental process via a “pre-like”. ‘ on its website and app.
● The ability for Hurr customers to spend an extra £1 per order to plant trees in communities around the world.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here