UKG helps two-thirds of NRF Top 100 Retailers create great workplaces
AI-powered HCM suite built with the world’s largest collection of people, work, and culture data transforms the employee experience
UKG, a leading provider of HR, payroll, workforce management, and culture solutions for all people, is showcasing its AI-powered HCM suite at this week’s NRF 2024: Retail’s Big Show conference and expo. Two-thirds of the Top 100 National Retail Federation (NRF) brands, along with thousands of other retail businesses worldwide, trust UKG to transform the frontline employee experience, creating great workplaces based on a deep understanding of people, culture, and operational efficiency to drive better business outcomes.
“UKG ensures our associates are in the right place at the right time to serve customers, while also giving them the best work-life balance possible,” said Jim Abbatemarco, vice president of retail operations at The Vitamin Shoppe, which leverages UKG Pro Workforce Management. “Our people are empowered to pick up the shifts that work best for them, which has saved our store and district managers a tremendous amount of time. As a result, our leaders and associates can focus on what’s most important: interacting with customers, driving sales, and delivering an outstanding experience to everyone who walks through our doors.”
With the introduction of UKG Bryte — a generative AI sidekick suite built with the world’s largest collection of people, work, and culture data to support great experiences — UKG helps retailers shine a light on important insights and hidden trends otherwise lost in vast quantities of data. With nearly a decade of AI leadership, along with 2,500 UKG AI models currently in production, Bryte provides quick, practical advice to address workplace challenges, proactively identifies opportunities for frontline employees to learn more skills, and helps everyone more effectively pursue performance goals, among many other benefits.
The UKG Great Place To Work® Hub utilizes Bryte to guide HR teams and people managers along their journey to becoming more effective people leaders. The industry-first offering transforms HR metrics into opportunities to enhance belonging, equity, and inclusion, directly connecting culture initiatives to business outcomes. It prompts leaders with AI-powered recommendations and nudges designed to help reduce turnover, mitigate burnout, and create more engaging experiences, based on decades of Great Place To Work® surveys and benchmarks.
“UKG has simplified life for our frontline staff. It’s our source of truth for all workforce and HR information and is a one-stop shop for our employees as everything lives in one place,” said Jessica Foster, senior HR operations manager at Leslie’s, which utilizes the UKG Pro suite. “For my team, HR is our main focus, but for leaders and associates, HR is just one part of their day. We need them to be focused on our customers. So, when they interact with UKG, we want that experience to be as easy and intuitive as possible. Simplicity is essential for our managers and leaders so they can spend less time in the system and more time developing associates and discussing performance.”
A global leader in retail workforce management technology and best practices, UKG’s extensive AI expertise creates the foundation for optimized operations and great frontline employee experiences.
- Advanced scheduling combines employee preferences, skills, and store needs to create best-fit schedules that work for associates and the business.
- AI-powered shift swapping and time-off requests provide real-time approvals, maximizing frontline flexibility while ensuring shifts are staffed by individuals with the right skills and qualifications.
- Patented machine learning algorithms elevate forecasting by self-tuning based on individual customer trends and data to better plan labor budgets while ensuring people do not feel under-staffed or over-staffed while at work.
- Task management helps employees know what to do and when to do it, creating clear priorities while providing agility to respond to always evolving store needs, driving higher customer and shopper satisfaction.
- UKG Strategic Workforce Planning lets retailers plan quarters — and even years — into the future, allowing retailers to identify opportunities for skills development and career progression among their existing teams, while being more intentional in their hiring and labor budgeting projections.