THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
20 years serving the retail industry
Home Page
News Categories
Christmas Ads
Commentary
Department Stores
Electricals & Technology
Entertainment
Fashion
Food & Drink
General Merchandise
Grocery
Health & Beauty
Home & DIY
Interviews
Property
Retail News
Retail Solutions
Shopping Centres, High Streets & Retail Parks
Sports & Leisure
Retail Events
Retail HR 2022
THE Retail Conference 2022
Retail Women In Leadership 2022
Digital Transformation Strategy 2022 Part 2
Upcoming Retail Events
Past Retail Events
Retail Insights
Retail Solutions
Advertise
About
Contact
Subscribe for free
Terms and Policies
Privacy Policy
Walgreens Boots Alliance acquires remaining stake in German joint venture

Walgreens Boots Alliance has agreed with McKesson Corporation that it will acquire the remaining 30% share of their GEHE Pharma Handel and Alliance Healthcare Deutschland joint… View Article

HEALTH & BEAUTY

Walgreens Boots Alliance acquires remaining stake in German joint venture

Walgreens Boots Alliance has agreed with McKesson Corporation that it will acquire the remaining 30% share of their GEHE Pharma Handel and Alliance Healthcare Deutschland joint venture.

On completion of the transaction, WBA will become the 100% owner of the combined GEHE and Alliance Healthcare businesses in Germany.

GEHE and AHD combined their operations in the German pharmaceutical market in November 2020. At the time, WBA became the 70% owner of the joint venture with McKesson holding the remaining 30%.

Ornella Barra, chief operating officer, international at Walgreens Boots Alliance, said: “We are very pleased to have reached agreement with McKesson to take full control of our joint German pharmaceutical wholesaling operations. This new, exciting step enables Walgreens Boots Alliance to further strengthen its position as a leading pharmaceutical wholesaler in Germany.”

The news follows McKesson’s announcement earlier this year regarding the sale of certain European businesses and its intention to exit the European region fully.

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

THE NEXT EVENT

See all upcoming events

LATEST VIDEO

Future of Customer Engagement 15 June 2022
Future of Customer Engagement 15 June 2022

Watch video >