THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
HOME
Department Stores
Electricals
Entertainment
Fashion
Food & Drink
General Merchandise
Health & Beauty
Home & DIY
Interviews
Newsletter
Property
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Sports & Leisure
The Papers
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
• The HR Summit 2019
• AI in Retail Conference 2019
• Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
• Future of Customer Engagement 2020
ABOUT
CONTACT
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Dixons completes deal to merge Unieuro with Marco Polo

Dixons Retail, the owner of Currys and PC World, has completed a transaction to merge its Unieuro business in Italy with Italian electrical retailer Marco Polo…. View Article

GENERAL MERCHANDISE

Dixons completes deal to merge Unieuro with Marco Polo

Dixons Retail, the owner of Currys and PC World, has completed a transaction to merge its Unieuro business in Italy with Italian electrical retailer Marco Polo.

Under the terms of the agreement, a new entity will be formed which will indirectly own both businesses. Dixons Retail will provide the new retail group with €25 million of cash and will invest up to €10 million. Dixons will own a 15% share in the business while Marco Polo owner Rhone Capital will hold the remaining 85% of the share capital.

The merger will create a combined portfolio of 173 stores comprising wholly-owned stores and a number of franchise partners.

Commenting on the completion of the transaction, Sebastian James, Dixons Retail group chief executive, said: “I’m delighted to have completed this deal, ensuring a sustainable future for both businesses. The combined group has an exciting outlook and I know that it will continue to flourish with an improved geographical spread of stores across Italy. For Dixons, this is the second of three important strategic transactions streamlining our Group. By focusing on markets where we have leading multi-channel operations, we will be able to drive even better value for our customers.”

Giancarlo Nicosanti Monterastelli, chief executive of Marco Polo, added: “This transaction is the first stage of a long-term plan to create a leading integrated multi-channel retail group in the Italian electrical market and we are confident that we can now offer improved benefits for customers and suppliers. The complementary channel strategy and store portfolios of the two companies will enable the combined group to attract more customers across Italy and achieve long-term growth.”

 

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

The HR Summit 2019
The HR Summit 2019
8 October 2019
Hallam Conference Centre, London W1W 6JJ
Company values, collaboration with employees and driving a major HR transformation to create a truly omnichannel experience, need to be at the heart of the organisation's culture and brand
AI in Retail Conference 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
16 October 2019
Cavendish Conference Center, London W1G 9DT
SENIOR-LEVEL FORUM FOR HEADS OF MARKETING, DIGITAL, ECOMMERCE AND CX
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
5 February 2020
Cavendish Conference Centre, London WG1 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy
Future of Customer Engagement 2020
Future of Customer Engagement 2020
10 June 2020
Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1G 9DT
The 11th Annual Retail Customer Engagement Conference