What is SD-WAN and how can retail benefit – in plain English
Technospeak, cyberbabble: usually confusing and often overflowing with superfluous verbosity. But what really confuses us in explanations about technology is that the HOW it works is explained, rather than WHAT it will do to improve your life or business.So we’re just going to say it like it is and explain what true SD-WAN will bring you in good old fashioned plain speaking English. There, no unwarranted verbiage so far and there’s none to follow:
WHAT DOES SD-WAN MEAN?
SD-WAN stands for software-defined wide area network – simply put, it uses software to constantly and cleverly route your network and internet traffic over the fastest and best performing available route.
WHAT DOES SD-WAN DO?
It makes your network faster and increases bandwidth by instantaneously routing internet traffic down the optimal path and not relying on hardware defined routes, it enables faster, smoother operations and management, with less downtime and outages.SD-WAN uses all available connectivity all the time. FTTC, 4G, ADSL can all be used together, thereby eliminating reliance on a single connection.
IS SD-WAN PROVEN TECHNOLOGY?
SD-WAN has been proven to enable companies to build higher-performance WANs, whilst using lower-cost and commercially available Internet connections. It will power your digital transformation, but there is an caveat – you must be sure you’re getting true SD-WAN; there are a lot of SD-WAN wannabees out there and even the big-name giants have failed when it comes to delivering true SD-WAN.
HOW TO CHOOSE AN SD-WAN PROVIDER
Why not simply scope your own SD-WAN solution and get a result in just 7 days right here https://www.sdwan-solutions.co.uk/sdwan-assist/. Simply complete the online form in just minutes to provide a current overview and define your needs and we’ll do the rest – no obligation, no cost and all in the comfort of your own office, home or even in bed!
So, what will you get and how will you benefit from SD-WAN? Well, if you get your SD-WAN from us, www.sdwan-solutions.co.uk you’ll get all of the following and a free Proof of Concept period to check it all out.
WHAT TRUE SD-WAN SHOULD INCLUDE (AND OURS DEFINITELY DOES!)
- Increased Bandwidth: SD-WAN uses all available bandwidth at a site automatically selecting the fastest path – no more back-up circuits sitting idle and expensive MPLS bandwidth can be bolstered with cheaper, yet effective connectivity options
- Set Application priorities: SD-WAN ensures your critical applications always have the bandwidth and performance they need. Set parameters for traffic flow and allow the SD-WAN device to route known application traffic dynamically without manual intervention
- Any connectivity: Cherry pick the best connections at every site – no need to be limited to one provider or even your current network provider
- Complete performance visibility across your entire network: Visibility down to application level in any location, all viewed from a central point.
- Reduce IT staff:Manage your entire network without leaving the office
- Zero-touch deployment: Our devices are delivered preconfigured, all you have to do is unbox, plug in connectivity and power up
- Instant policy updates: Roll out centralised policy changes to all sites in a matter of minutes, without having to visit each site.
- Increased Agility:Have new sites up and running within hours not months, or boost bandwidth instantly with 4G – and no downtime as you switch over.
- Cloud hosted application access direct from site:No need to send traffic to a DC first, adding delays and consuming bandwidth – access cloud applications directly from your local site.
- Less hardware: SD-WAN devices make intelligent routing decisions, often replacing priority or end-of-life routers. SD-WAN can also host third party appliances such as firewalls etc with less hardware per site
Did you find this article useful and want to know more? Try these great SD-WAN articleshttps://www.sdwan-solutions.co.uk/what-is-sd-wan-and-how-will-it-help-my-business/https://www.sdwan-solutions.co.uk/delivering-roi-is-part-of-your-sd-wan-journey/https://www.sdwan-solutions.co.uk/how-to-choose-an-sd-wan-provider/
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here