[ ONDEMAND ] Retail Marketplace Strategy 2023
The digital marketplace is now an important part of omnichannel retail, as it provides an additional channel to market and sell your products. This marketplace craze has taken hold as retailers grapple with how to compete with the likes of established players like Amazon.
Marketplaces offer a flexible but still highly unified approach to sales, meaning businesses can identify new ways to grow, to connect with their customers, and to diversify their product offerings with relatively low risk.
The online marketplace space continues to expand and surge to reach consumers in new demographics – the latest online marketplace trends will be discussed and how they offer businesses multiple opportunities.
Session One: eCommerce vs online marketplaces – what are the benefits for retailers?
A marketplace needs to be executed in the right way and with a clear goal in mind. With brands increasingly investing in technology to develop their own marketplaces – what impact will this have on eCommerce retailers who stick to traditional processes? Become part of a new wave of marketplace launches by retailers, who are looking to scale up their online offering by opening their doors to third-party brands.
- Is your business best served by an eCommerce solution or a marketplace offering?
- Building a marketplace strategy that delivers bottom line value for brands and retailers
- How to launch a marketplace platform as part of a digital strategy going forward
- ‘Live selling’ and its rapid emergence as a social commerce sales channel
- How to maintain a competitive edge when it comes to all thing’s eCommerce
Tony Preedy, Managing Director, Fruugo
Jessica Christenson, Regional Vice President – UK & Ireland, Mirakl
Neil Tunbridge, Managing Director, Whoosh
Barry Tong, CEO, Solretail
Colin McDonnell, Head of Marketplace Experiences, Michaels
Glen Stocco, Co-founder & Managing Director, Plane & Simple
Watch the recording here.
Session Two: Maximising the close connection between channels and putting customer needs at heart
Marketplaces enable retailers to offer hundreds of thousands of new products via third party sellers, whilst giving customers the peace of mind that they are buying through a brand they know and trust. They also enable retailers to expand their reach around the globe by working with a new marketplace, giving consumers more options for products and new customer experiences.
- Staying agile in a shifting consumer behaviour environment – how marketplaces can be actors of change
- Creating a frictionless buying experience – being omnichannel ready and equipped to reach your market via any channel
- Global expansion through potential omnichannel collaborations
- How opening a marketplace can boost your customer engagement and loyalty – driving value and profit
- How to fluidify the purchasing path through an optimal marketplace operation
- Why being part of an established online marketplace provides a level of trust between you and the customer
Marina Townsend, eCommerce Director, The Edit LDN
Andrew Goodacre, CEO, BIRA
Marc Vicente, Group Digital Director, Kingfisher
Christian McKelvie, former Head of Marketplace, Catch
Helena Carre, Real Time Digital Performance Director – Pet Nutrition, Mars
Watch the recording here.
If you’d like more information on our upcoming events, email us here.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here