[Breaking News] The People in Retail Awards 2023 Unveils the Shining Shortlist for Retail’s Finest
The Retail Bulletin is thrilled to announce the highly anticipated shortlist for the prestigious People in Retail Awards (PIRA) 2023.
Like radiant diamonds in the retail crown, these outstanding individuals and businesses have submitted their shining entries, vying for recognition as the brightest stars in the industry.
The People in Retail Awards serve as a platform to celebrate and acknowledge the exceptional contributions and achievements of those who have gone above and beyond in the retail sector. From the moment the nominations were opened, the industry eagerly sent in their sparkling entries, showcasing their unwavering commitment, innovation, and excellence.
A panel of expert judges, captivated by the brilliance displayed in the entries, faced the difficult task of selecting the crème de la crème of the retail world. The competition was fierce, but from the myriad of sparkling submissions, these shortlisted nominees emerged as true gems, deserving of applause and recognition.
Natalie Fresen, Chief People Champion for the PIRA, expressed her delight, saying, “We are absolutely thrilled to unveil the shortlist for the People in Retail Awards 2023. Each nominee represents a shining example of talent, passion, and dedication in the industry. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the retailers who participated and congratulate them on their exceptional achievements.”
So, who made the cut? Here’s the impressive shortlist:
- Retail Employer of the Year: Fatface, Lincolnshire Coop, Rituals, Sue Ryder, The Perfume Shop.
- Employee of the Year: All Saints: Nicole Bonner, Bird Blend & Tea Co: Mellisa Perrin, Charles Tyrwhitt: 1. Lewis Felix & 2. Jason Brownlee, McDonalds: Reuben Smith (Oxford Street), ScS Group: Sam Hillock & Dawn Stell.
- Manager of the Year: Bird Blend & Tea Co.: Becky Wright, Charles Tyrwhitt: Stephanie Beattie, Lounge Underwear: Georgia Perry, Lush: 1. Bethan Watts, 2. Andreea Claponea, McDonalds: Sam Tykt (Manchester), ScS Group: Suzanne Coyle, Signet (H Samuel): 1. Clarissa Hayes, 2. Gemma Lee, The Perfume Shop: Nicky Golding.
- Rising Spark Award: Dreams: Jake Worrall, KellyDeli: Colin Campbell, Naturally Tribal Skincare: Hannah White.
- Executive Leader of the Year: Better Decisions Group: Thomas Owen, Lincolnshire Coop: Heather Lee, Sitoo: Jens Levin, XY Retail: Susan Jeffers.
- Mentor /Trainer of the Year: Lincolnshire Coop: EDLP programme, Lincolnshire Coop: LEAP programme, The Perfume Shop: The team; Sally Little, Lauren Jacobs, Mike Egan, Ami Pearse, Gergely Markus, Lauren Ryan, Keziah Noel, Damien Rodgers.
- Store Champion/Team of the Year: Bird Blend & Tea Co.: 1. The CX team & 2. Becky Wright, Fortnum & Mason: The Royal Exchange, Rituals: Lakeside store, Signet (H Samuel): Team Bluewater, The Perfume Shop: Nicky Golding, Derby.
- Spirit of Excellence Award: Sacha Zackariya (ChangeGroup), Dreams: Octavia Benham, Fortnum & Mason: Food & Drink Project Team, John Lewis Partnership: “Building Happier Futures” campaign, National Timber Group: Victoria Hammond, ScS Group: Anne Marie McCourt.
- Customer Service Champion or Team of the Year: Halfords with Webhelp, Look Fabulous Forever: Caroline Geraerts and Julie Procter, Customer Services Team, ScS Group: Kieren Brown.
- Diversity &/or Challenge of Year: AF Blakemore: The ‘’Woman in Blakemore”, All Saints: Nicole Bonner, Lincolnshire Coop: IT Trainer for age inclusion.
- Ecom &/or Tech Engagement of the Year: Asda: The Ecommerce Team, Better Decisions Group, Fortnum & Mason: The Stock Operations Teams, MGM Timber: The Ecommerce Team, Sitoo.
The winners of the 2023 People in Retail Awards will be unveiled at a glamorous black-tie gala in London on 21st September. This star-studded event promises to be the epitome of recognition, camaraderie, and celebration within the industry.
If you want to witness this momentous occasion firsthand, limited tickets for the event are still available. Don’t miss your chance to rub shoulders with retail’s finest and celebrate their incredible achievements. Book your table now!
The Retail Bulletin takes immense pride in supporting the Retail Trust as their charity partner for 2023. The Retail Trust plays a vital role in promoting health, well-being, and happiness across the retail industry, making them the perfect partner for these prestigious awards.
Thank you to the 2023 judging panel.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here