EVENTS - International Expansion Summit 2018
International Expansion Summit 2018
18 April 2018, Hallam Conference Centre, London W1W
Internationalisation and innovation are the two main paths of growth for retailersBOOK NOW
THE INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION SUMMIT - 29TH MARCH 2017
While international sales have always been a good way to expand an eCommerce or omnichannel retail business, the subject has gained new impetus following the decision in the EU Referendum to leave the UK.
There is no doubt UK retailers have looked to replicate their domestic strength and that international expansion has allowed a new path for growth. It has enabled the opening up of new markets and new opportunities when demand in domestic markets may be nearing saturation. But it takes more than simply a ‘want’ for an international product from customers.
The challenge is to understand what are the metrics that really assist in taking the right decisions in terms of markets, business potential, positioning, selecting partners and defining the right retail format for international expansion.
International online sales represent a huge opportunity for all retailers big or small but it can seem an overwhelming project to start, let alone implement. Whether you are new to cross-border trading, already dipping your toes in international waters, or want to expand your current cross-border strategy. Leading international brands and retailers will be sharing their insights and lessons learned on their international journeys and why physical store expansion remains key to retailers' strategies.
Attend this interactive, retailer-led conference and gain insight into...
- Key themes and trends in brands’ international expansion strategies
- Ensuring your brand has that competitive edge for longer term sustainability
- Future proofing your franchise model - identifying, attracting and recruiting the right franchise partners
- Building your brand in new territories – the importance of international consumer marketing
- eCommerce vs physical stores - exploring all options for building your international presence in new markets in an omnichannel world
- Using new models of open innovation and localisation to succeed in global business
The Summit aims to give you a checklist of strategic and tactical pointers to help your business attain its potential for cross-border trading:
- Interested in trading online overseas but don’t know where to start?
- Want to maximise your international trading potential?
- Are you ready to expand internationally?
- Can franchise still prove the right option for continuing international development?
- What does a successful international strategy look like and what are the financial commitments involved?
This interactive event has been designed to allow a focused peer group of UK retail executives the opportunity to network and discuss international expansion best practices in a relaxed environment. There will be plenty of time for networking during registration, buffet lunch, refreshment breaks and a drinks reception at the close of the day.
Can you afford to miss this one-day conference with incredible speakers, tips, success stories and vital information to help retailers and brands tackle the strategic and day-to-day challenges of running a successful international retail business?