THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
Lest we forget
HOME
RETAIL NEWS
RETAIL EVENTS
Fashion
Department Stores
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Home & DIY
Electricals
Health & Beauty
General Merchandise
Entertainment
Sports & Leisure
Retail Solutions
Food & Drink
Interviews
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
ABOUT US
CONTACT US
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Yoox-Net-A-Porter signs up to Middle East joint venture

Yoox-Net-A-Porter Group is embarking on a joint venture with Symphony Investments, an entity controlled by Mohamed Alabbar, as it looks to grow its presence in the Middle East.

FASHION

Yoox-Net-A-Porter signs up to Middle East joint venture

Yoox-Net-A-Porter Group is embarking on a joint venture with Symphony Investments, an entity controlled by Mohamed Alabbar, as it looks to grow its presence in the Middle East.

The partnership will see Alabbar focus his entire online luxury retail activity in the region exclusively through the new joint venture.

Yoox-Net-A-Porter will hold a 60% stake in the joint venture while Symphony Investments will own the remaining 40%.

The JV will manage all of the group’s existing multi-brand online stores in the region including Net-A-Porter, Mr Porter, Yoox and The Outnet.

The new company will operate in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman, and may expand to other countries in the Middle East and North Africa at a later date.

To provide Middle Eastern luxury customers with a fully localised offer, the JV will establish on-the-ground operations including a Dubai office with dedicated sales and marketing, customer care and PR teams, a Dubai distribution centre, and the development of a localised offering ranging from Arabic-language customer care and content to local currency and payment methods.

The JV will open the local office and distribution centre in Dubai by the end of 2017. Yoox and The Outnet will debut in 2018, while Net-A-Porter and Mr Porter will launch in 2019, followed by selected online flagship stores.

Federico Marchetti, chief executive of Yoox-Net-A-Porter Group, said: “We are thrilled by the potential of the Middle East market: combining YNAP and Mohamed Alabbar’s strengths, we look forward to giving shoppers in the region access to a fantastic luxury assortment with our unparalleled service and content. We were delighted to welcome Mohamed Alabbar as a strategic investor earlier this year and together we are now embarking on a major expansion in the region.”

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

Omnichannel Futures Conference 2019
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2019
6 February 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London WG1 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
5 June 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 10th Annual Retail Customer Engagement Summit
The HR Summit 2019
The HR Summit 2019
Tuesday 8 October 2019
The Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 11th HR Summit 2019, The Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1, 8 October 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
16 October 2019
Cavendish Conference Center, 22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
Retail marketing is changing pace rapidly by making communication across all platforms personalised, relevant, efficient, and helpful. AI not only helps shoppers find a perfect product but also pre-empts the shopping behaviour and speeds up payment.
Payment Roundtable 2019
Payment Roundtable 2019
6 February 2019
The Cavendish Conference Centre, 22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
The Retail Bulletin Payment Roundtable will raise debate and discussion centred on but not exclusive to improving the in-store payment process