The Retail Bulletin launches the In-Store Engagement Summit 2012
Technology is the real driver for engaging customers in store, strengthening the role of bricks and mortar for retail sales.
With the growth of ecommerce and mobile shopping showing no sign of slowing and increasing numbers of high street stores being left vacant; some bricks and mortar retailers are clearly finding it tough to stay in business.
With the media focusing on “death of the high street” and cash-strapped shoppers often just looking for the cheapest prices; bricks and mortar retailers need to find new and innovative strategies to keep their customers engaged and spending money whilst in store.
Fortunately, the explosive use of smart-phones, tablets and social media has led to a more technology-savvy customer presenting the bricks and mortar retailer with a whole new opportunity to engage customers and drive sales whilst in-store.
With customers becoming comfortable interacting with a variety of screens and expecting a seamless customer experience across channels; bricks and mortar retailers can now offer a superior customer experience than their ecommerce competitors.
Mark Kusionowicz, Marketing Director at The Logic Group says that “The biggest innovation due to affect retailers over the next 12 months is NFC technology - via smartphone payments, smart posters, (where customers simply wave their phone against the poster to be automatically directed to information about the product) and vouchers. The mobile phone is always with us and NFC makes it the perfect vehicle for retailers to engage with their customers throughout the journey from pre to post purchase. The phone allows post purchase engagements based upon an increased understanding of the shopper and the ROI from obtaining this information is huge; as it provides detailed insight for retail marketing programs”.
The theme of the day will be ‘Using technology to drive bricks and mortar sales, customer experience and range offer through in-store kiosk, tablet, digital signage, social media and smartphone engagement strategies’.
Join us at this highly interactive, retailer - led conference and find out how to:
• Build a business case for investing in in- store technology engagement
• Develop an in-store kiosk strategy that enhances customer experience and delivers ROI
• Understand how to effectively train your sales staff to engage customers with in-store technology
• Create a checklist of the crucial IT questions retailers should ask when building an in-store technology engagement strategy
• Understand how social media fits into your bricks and mortar strategy
• Evaluate how retailers should react to the explosion of consumers using their OWN mobile devices in store
• Improve profits and customer experience through engaging customers in tablet based assisted selling
• Make payment easy in the technology-enabled store environment
• Drive ROI and customer engagement from in-store digital signage
• Prepare to engage customers in-store over the next two years
This is not an expensive vendor sales pitch-led event requiring a number of days out of the office; it’s a one-day, low cost, retailer-focused conference. Interactivity has been maximised during the conference sessions with two interactive panel discussions, Q&A opportunities after every speech, an interview session and the use of our popular Twitter feed during the conference.
The conference is in London, July 10th. Click here or further details and registration.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here