The Retail Bulletin launches its 4th Retail HR Summit
Confirmed speakers include high-level Human Resourses speakers from Tesco, John Lewis, Carphone Warehouse, Co-operative Group, Pets at Home, Argos, Homebase, Iceland, Matalan, Republic, Caffè Nero, Damart and Debenhams who will come together next October in London to share the most effective strategies for recruiting, training and retaining top talent in a multichannel marketplace.
This crucial and timely one-day conference will be hosted at the Cavendish Conference Centre, central London on Tuesday, 9 October 2012 and is sponsored by General Dynamics Information Technology.
This interactive event, which focuses on key retail HR challenges, will enable a focussed peer group of Retail HR executives the opportunity to gain insight into the most effective strategies to recruit, train and retain top talent to engage the multichannel customer in today’s challenging economic climate.
With regular networking opportunities throughout the day you’ll learn how to:
• Drive profit through realigning your recruitment strategy to find the best talent for a multichannel marketplace
• Recognize and attract the right employees for your organization
• Obtain a better understanding of the views, issues and concerns of your employees
• Identify areas of expertise that are crucial to your multichannel business
• Locate top talent and compete with other sectors to attract them
• Embrace new recruitment methods such as Linkedin and other social media and improve interview techniques
• Understand why social media is growing as a cost-effective means of finding candidates
• Evaluate potential candidates by looking at their social media activity
• Put multichannel at the heart of your company culture
• Ensure that employees deliver a consistent customer experience across a range of different channels
• Effectively reward staff if a sale has been made through a number of different channels
• Empower employees to take the initiative in ensuring customer satisfaction
• Embrace a culture of recognition and reward to ensure that your company is a really great place to work
"With the UK economy barely showing any signs of growth coupled with British shoppers reigning in spending due to rising prices, it is essential that retailers are able to drive profit and engage the multichannel customer by recruiting and retaining the very best talent," said the summit’s Director of Conference Production, Carl Goodman.
"The growth of multichannel retailing and new customer buying trends has led to changes in the retail recruitment landscape. It’s no surprise, therefore, that retail HR professionals have realized that they cannot afford to be complacent and must stay one step ahead of their competitors in the race to recruit, train and retain the very best talent for their businesses,” he added.
Ian Sprange, Publishing Director at The Retail Bulletin said: "Recruiting in the multichannel marketplace may require a realignment of your recruitment strategy” This includes identifying areas of expertise that are crucial to your multichannel business; embracing new recruitment methods such as social media; ensuring that employees deliver a consistent customer experience across a range of different channels and putting multichannel at the heart of your company culture.
"These factors all have a role to play in ensuring that your employees are the best they can be and will help your business gain competitive edge and engage the multichannel customer."
Expert speakers already confirmed for the event include:
• Therese Procter, Personnel Director, Retailing Services, Tesco
• Lynne Weedall, Group HR & Strategy Director, Carphone Warehouse
• Ryan Cheyne, People Director, Pets at Home
• Simon Russell, Director Retail Operations Development, John Lewis
• Paul Kennedy, HR Director, Caffè Nero
• Joanne Hill, Recruitment Advisor, The Co-operative Group – Food
• Rebecca Martin-Cortez, Retail Resourcing Manager, Argos and Homebase
• Sarah Chitty, Senior HR Business Partner, Republic (Retail) Ltd
• Paul McNulty, Head Office Recruitment Manager, The Talent Team, Matalan
• Helen Taylor, Organisational Development Manager, Damart
• Tom Sayer, Resourcing Manager, Debenhams
• Mairi Probin, Internal Communications and Engagement Manager, Iceland Foods Ltd
• Mathew Armstrong, UK Head of Business Development, General Dynamics Information Technology
• Martin Dove, Human Capital Management Director. General Dynamics Information Technology
• Christopher Bogh, Technical Director, Eploy
"This is not an expensive vendor sales pitch led event requiring a number of days out of the office; it’s a one-day, low cost, retail HR-focused summit designed to enable you to drive profits and engage the multichannel customer through recruiting, training and retaining top talent," said The Retail Bulletin’s Business Development Director, Karen Howard.
"We’ve made the event as interactive as possible. Delegates will have excellent networking opportunities throughout the day and a chance to ask our Retail HR experts their burning questions through our interactive conference sessions and Twitter feed," said Howard.
For more details or to register online, please click here.
To discuss sponsorship or networking opportunities at the event please contact Karen Howard on 01737 647103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here