Research suggests that mobile marketing is forecast to be worth £1.24 billion by the end of 2016
The results show that up to 55% would be willing to opt-in to mobile comms from trusted brands and only Mobile Network Operators were rated as being more trusted than retail brands.
The results of the independent research, recently conducted by Velti into the attitudes of 3,000 UK consumers towards MCM, offers huge opportunities for retail brands as part of a multi-channel marketing strategy.
However, consumers are only prepared to hear from a limited number of brands, typically between one and three at present. This means the window on this lucrative market is closing quickly for those retailers that do not already have a presence on mobile. Velti has put together a list of core questions (below) that retailers should ask themselves if they are serious about mobile. Velti’s Mobile White Book is available to download free and provides more facts, figures and best practice guidance on how brands can make the most of multi-channel marketing.
Velti suggests that retailers should be asking core questions:
• Does your Mobile strategy allow you to do at least the same as competitors?
• Is Mobile delivering extra value as a service and sales channel?
• Are you providing a positive customer journey and Mobile experience?
• Are you building your brand on the mobile channel?
• Are you providing true value exchange for your customers?
• Are you acquiring new customers via mobile?
• Do you know what tasks your customers perform on their Mobile devices?
• Roughly what share of your marketing effort is spent on Mobile marketing?
• Do you view Mobile as the shop in your pocket?
Delegates to the Retail Bulletin 2nd Mobile Retailing Summit - September 26th 2012 will be able to hear how to ‘Improve sales, loyalty and customer experience in an increasingly mobile marketplace’.
Speakers already confirmed are from Waitrose.com • ASDA • Shop Direct Group • Clarks •Thetrainline.com • Javelin Group • Mobileweb Company • FICO - with more to be announced.
Click here for further details.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here