THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
HOME
RETAIL NEWS
RETAIL EVENTS
Fashion
Department Stores
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Home & DIY
Electricals
Health & Beauty
General Merchandise
Entertainment
Sports & Leisure
The Papers
Retail Solutions
Food & Drink
Interviews
Property
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
ABOUT US
CONTACT US
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Hornby completes warehouse move

Toy and model specialist Hornby has completed a warehouse move to its new facilities in Hersden near Canterbury.

GENERAL MERCHANDISE

Hornby completes warehouse move

Toy and model specialist Hornby has completed a warehouse move to its new facilities in Hersden near Canterbury.

The new state-of-the-art facility comprises 100,000 square feet, 60% of which is fully racked and capable of holding 7,000 pallets. The remaining 40% of the facility is set up as a pick pack operation that includes internet despatch and space for re-works.

There is also a much larger yard with three loading bays to ensure the smooth operation of inbound containers from suppliers based in the Far East and India.

Hornby chief executive Richard Ames said: "The warehouse move was a smooth operation with virtually no disruption to customer deliveries.  It is an excellent, modern facility that will enable us to improve our stock management and distribution activity.  It will also provide a platform from which we can resume our growth, while improving our service to both consumers and customers.”

The warehouse facilities are being co-ordinated by DS Logistics. All of the permanent Hornby staff employed as part of the distribution warehouse team were offered a transfer to DS Logistics and the new team is now working at the Hersden site.  

 

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

Customer Engagement Conference 2019
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
5 June 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 10th Annual Retail Customer Engagement Conference
The HR Summit 2019
The HR Summit 2019
8 October 2019
Hallam Conference Centre, London W1W 6JJ
The 11th HR Summit 2019, Hallam Conference Centre, 44 Hallam St, Marylebone, London W1W 6JJ
AI in Retail Conference 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
16 October 2019
Cavendish Conference Center, London W1G 9DT
Digitally native competitors and demanding customers are forcing a new perspective in retail. AI and machine learning can help you step up to the challenges; and some ‘small and beautiful’ solutions can increase your conversion rates within just a few weeks.
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
5 February 2020
Cavendish Conference Centre, London WG1 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy