THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
Lest we forget
HOME
RETAIL NEWS
RETAIL EVENTS
Fashion
Department Stores
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Home & DIY
Electricals
Health & Beauty
General Merchandise
Entertainment
Sports & Leisure
Retail Solutions
Food & Drink
Interviews
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
ABOUT US
CONTACT US
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Foschini Group to acquire Phase Eight

South African clothing retailer The Foschini Group has entered into an agreement to buy UK fashion retailer Phase Eight from TowerBrook Capital.

GENERAL MERCHANDISE

Foschini Group to acquire Phase Eight

South African clothing retailer The Foschini Group has entered into an agreement to buy UK fashion retailer Phase Eight from TowerBrook Capital.

In a deal worth £238 million, Foschini will acquire around 85% of Poppy Holdco Limited which trades as Phase Eight. The remaining 15% of the company will be owned by Phase Eight management.

Foschini said the acquisition will create a potential platform for the group to expand into overseas markets.

Founded in 1979, Phase Eight has 107 stores and 203 concessions throughout the UK and Ireland. It also has 15 stores and 113 concessions in 16 international market including Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands, the Middle East, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia. 

With over 2,100 stores across Africa, Foschini has portfolio of 17 retail brands that cover clothing, footwear, jewellery, sportswear, mobile phones and technology, and home stores. 

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

The Retail Design Seminar 2018
The Retail Design Seminar 2018
14 November 2018
The Cavendish Conference Centre
The Retail Design Seminar 2018
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2019
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2019
6 February 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London WG1 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
5 June 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 10th Annual Retail Customer Engagement Summit
AI in Retail Conference 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
18 September 2019
Cavendish Conference Center, 22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
Retail marketing is changing pace rapidly by making communication across all platforms personalised, relevant, efficient, and helpful. AI not only helps shoppers find a perfect product but also pre-empts the shopping behaviour and speeds up payment.
The HR Summit 2019
The HR Summit 2019
Tuesday 8 October 2019
The Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 11th HR Summit 2019, The Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1, 8 October 2019