THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
Lest we forget
HOME
RETAIL NEWS
RETAIL EVENTS
Fashion
Department Stores
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Home & DIY
Electricals
Health & Beauty
General Merchandise
Entertainment
Sports & Leisure
Retail Solutions
Food & Drink
Interviews
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
ABOUT US
CONTACT US
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Brait completes acquisition of New Look

South African investment firm Brait has completed its acquisition of the New Look fashion chain.

GENERAL MERCHANDISE

Brait completes acquisition of New Look

South African investment firm Brait has completed its acquisition of the New Look fashion chain.

Brait has acquired around a 90% stake in New Look while the Singh family interests and the current management of the company have acquired the remaining 10%.

Now that the acquisition is concluded, Paul Mason has stood down as non-executive chairman of New Look and been succeeded by John Gnodde who will also retain his current role as chief executive of Brait.

As previously announced, New Look chief executive Anders Kristiansen, chief financial officer Mike Iddon, and chief commercial officer Roger Wightman will remain with the company with their existing roles and responsibilities staying unchanged.

Kristiansen said: “This is a very exciting time for New Look. The acquisition of our equity by Brait, coupled with our successful refinancing, leaves us strongly positioned to achieve our strategic goals.

"On behalf of everyone at New Look, I wish Paul Mason every success in his future endeavours, and I thank him for his counsel throughout the recent acquisition by Brait. At the same time we look forward to working with John Gnodde and the rest of the Brait team as we continue to develop this business both in the UK and internationally."

New Look has also announced the successful conclusion of its debt refinancing, which it says optimises its capital structure, reduces costs, extends maturities to 2022 and eliminates the company’s former PIK loans.

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

The Retail Design Seminar 2018
The Retail Design Seminar 2018
14 November 2018
The Cavendish Conference Centre
The Retail Design Seminar 2018
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2019
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2019
6 February 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London WG1 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
5 June 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 10th Annual Retail Customer Engagement Summit
AI in Retail Conference 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
18 September 2019
Cavendish Conference Center, 22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
Retail marketing is changing pace rapidly by making communication across all platforms personalised, relevant, efficient, and helpful. AI not only helps shoppers find a perfect product but also pre-empts the shopping behaviour and speeds up payment.
The HR Summit 2019
The HR Summit 2019
Tuesday 8 October 2019
The Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 11th HR Summit 2019, The Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1, 8 October 2019
Fix The Dinosaur Roundtable 2018
Fix The Dinosaur Roundtable 2018
19 October 2018
The Euston Suite, The Hallam, 44 Hallam St, London W1W 6JJ
A Masterclass in IBMi Legacy Issues