A host of innovations set to steal the show at Food & Drink Expo 2010
Companies from across a broad range of categories will be exhibiting a host of new products that tap into the latest consumer trends and promise to help retail buyers ensure their businesses – large and small – stay ahead of the competition. In excess of 600 food and drink suppliers have taken stands at the show, guaranteeing it will be the foremost industry trade event of 2010.
Innovations for the food and drink retail sector will include the following:
- Start-up company The Big Yum (Stand S140) will launch new Chocolate Swerves, a range of chocolate-covered salted pretzels. Available in 250g sharing bags and smaller 70g snack packs, Chocolate Swerves were inspired by the success of similar products in the US. The Big Yum describes them as “noshable knots wrapped in fine, figure-hugging milk chocolate jackets”.
- Eazycuizine Fine Foods (Stand R159) will introduce a new selection of premium frozen prepared meals designed to satisfy demand for popular family meals without the hassle of cooking from scratch. The Home Dining range includes dishes such as fish pie, meat lasagne and steak & kidney pie. Available in 1kg pack sizes, Home Dining meals contain no artificial preservatives or other additives.
- Soft beverages supplier Breckland Orchard (Stand Q141) will unveil two new additions to its recently launched range of 275ml glass-bottled artisan juice drinks. The company, which was established last year by former Mars account director Claire Martinsen, will introduce Strawberry & Rhubarb and Pear & Elderflower variants to a line-up that already includes Blackcurrant & Raspberry, Cloudy Lemonade, Cranberry & Rosehip and Ginger Beer with Chilli. All the drinks are made from a blend of Norfolk spring water and real fruit juice.
- Cherizena (Stand U208) will launch Sticky Gingerbread flavoured coffee, a new flavour to complement its existing range of 50 premium speciality and flavoured coffees. Created from Columbian coffee infused with sticky gingerbread flavour the coffee has a sweet and spicy aroma and is available as beans or ground and as decaf or regular.
Besides the opportunity to see hundreds of new products for the first time, Food & Drink Expo will also offer retail buyers the chance to save money by using the new show discount voucher booklet. This will contain special offers from a range of exhibitors*, including:
- 10% off an order placed with oat product supplier Stoats Porridge Bars (Stand P130D)
- 20% off an order placed with seafood supplier Seafare Products (Stand P150G)
- A free case of fruit juice with every order placed with Chegworth Valley (Stand U148)
(* Varying terms and conditions may apply – so please be sure check with the exhibitor at time of ordering.)
“We may be emerging from the worst recession in decades, but it’s clear that the food and drink industry’s appetite for innovation remains undimmed,” said Jack Halliday, group sales manager for Food & Drink Expo. “Research conducted recently by Food & Drink Expo found that, in spite of the economic downturn, 56% of companies exhibiting at the show would be investing in NPD in the coming year. This is great news for the industry, and great news for visitors to Food & Drink Expo, who will be among the first to see these innovations.”
A showcase for the very latest developments in food and drink products, Food & Drink Expo will run simultaneously with seven other shows: Foodex, Baking Industry Exhibition, Convenience Retailing Show, International Forecourt & Fuel Equipment Show, Café+, Off Licence Show and Food & Drink Logistics Show.
For information about exhibiting at Food & Drink Expo 2010, contact Jack Halliday, group sales manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 01293 610352.
To register as a visitor, or for general information about the show, click on http://www.foodanddrinkexpo.co.uk.
Email this article to a friend
You need to be logged in to use this feature.
Please log in here