THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
HOME
RETAIL NEWS
RETAIL EVENTS
Fashion
Department Stores
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Home & DIY
Electricals
Health & Beauty
General Merchandise
Entertainment
Sports & Leisure
Retail Solutions
Food & Drink
Interviews
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
ABOUT US
CONTACT US
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
73% of UK fashion retailers fail to reward customer loyalty

Major fashion retailers don’t offer loyalty schemes or subscriptions even though 86% of consumers state that certain benefits would encourage them to sign-up.

RETAIL SOLUTIONS

73% of UK fashion retailers fail to reward customer loyalty

Major fashion retailers don’t offer loyalty schemes or subscriptions even though 86% of consumers state that certain benefits would encourage them to sign-up.

Brand new report from Cybertill reveals the current loyalty landscape in UK fashion retail, highlighting that only 27% of fashion retailers offer a loyalty scheme. 67% of consumers state that a loyalty scheme offering points that equal money to spend in-store would encourage them to sign up to a loyalty scheme. Top UK retailers are missing out on repeat custom by not offering rewards to customers who choose to shop with them time and again.

The research comprises three sources including; an online survey conducted in collaboration with YouGov, an analysis of top UK fashion retailers, and interviews with 38 participants spanning generations, from Gen Z to Baby Boomers. Key findings include:

  • Only 10% of participants surveyed stated that nothing in particular would encourage them to sign-up to a loyalty scheme, leaving a massive 90% of participants stating that if the retailer got the incentive/reward right, they would be encouraged to sign-up to a loyalty scheme.
  • Although many may argue that the loyalty scheme has been replaced by the subscription, Cybertill research has unearthed that only 15% of UK fashion retailers currently offer a VIP subscription scheme.
  • None of the retailers that did offer loyalty schemes offered VIP subscriptions as well.

Cybertill CEO Ian Tomlinson explains “retailers need to offer, real, instant and obvious value to the modern-day customer, who has limited time and limited patience for complicated loyalty schemes. If the scheme is too complicated, customers will remember their experience and customers will remember their experience with a brand long after they’ve forgotten a discount.”

The full report can be downloaded from here and the raw data can be sent upon request.

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

Customer Engagement Conference 2019
Customer Engagement Conference 2019
5 June 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 10th Annual Retail Customer Engagement Summit
The HR Summit 2019
The HR Summit 2019
Tuesday 8 October 2019
Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1
The 11th HR Summit 2019, The Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1, 8 October 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
AI in Retail Conference 2019
16 October 2019
Cavendish Conference Center, London W1G 9DT
Digitally native competitors and demanding customers are forcing a new perspective in retail. AI and machine learning can help you step up to the challenges; and some ‘small and beautiful’ solutions can increase your conversion rates within just a few weeks.
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
5 February 2020
Cavendish Conference Centre, London WG1 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy