THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
Lest we forget
HOME
Department Stores
Electricals
Entertainment
Fashion
Food & Drink
General Merchandise
Health & Beauty
Home & DIY
Interviews
Newsletter
Property
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Sports & Leisure
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
• Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
• Online Conversion Summit 2020
• Future of Retail Marketing 2020
• The HR Summit 2020
• AI in Retail Conference 2020
ABOUT
CONTACT
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Gear4music posts strong first half revenue growth

Gear4music, the online musical instruments retailer, increased its total revenue by 44% to £31.219 million in the first half of its financial year. In the six… View Article

GENERAL MERCHANDISE

Gear4music posts strong first half revenue growth

Gear4music, the online musical instruments retailer, increased its total revenue by 44% to £31.219 million in the first half of its financial year.

In the six months to 31 August, UK sales were up 30% while sales in Europe and the rest of the world saw growth of 70%.

Gear4music’s chief executive Andrew Wass (pictured) said: “We are very pleased with our trading performance over the last six months, with 44% revenue growth being ahead of our expectation for H1 as indicated at the start of the year, and equates to two-year growth of 150%.

“Revenue growth in our core UK market continues to be strong, alongside very strong growth in our international markets, driven by our new distribution centres improving our customer proposition resulting in market share gains across Northern Europe.”

During the period Gear4music grew its number of active customers by 44% to 390,000.

The company said the new distribution centres in Sweden and Germany had made a “strong start”.

Looking ahead, Wass added: “We remain focused on delivering long-term sustainable growth through investment in our people, products, websites and operational capabilities, and raising £4.2 million growth capital in May 2017 has enabled us to start accelerating investment in these key areas. The group continues to trade in line with our expectations and is well prepared for a busy seasonal period.”

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
5 February 2020
Cavendish Conference Centre, 22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy
Online Conversion Summit 2020
Online Conversion Summit 2020
April 30 2020
The Hallam Conference Centre, London W1W 6JJ
The Retail Bulletin Online Conversion Summit 2020 Partnered by IMRG
Future of Retail Marketing 2020
Future of Retail Marketing 2020
9 June 2020
Hallam Conference Centre, 44 Hallam St, London W1W 6JJ
The Future of Retail Marketing for Customer Engagement
The HR Summit 2020
The HR Summit 2020
1 October 2020
Hallam Conference Centre, London W1W 6JJ
Company values, collaboration with employees and driving a major HR transformation to create a truly omnichannel experience, need to be at the heart of the organisation's culture and brand
AI in Retail Conference 2020
AI in Retail Conference 2020
14 October 2020
Hallam Conference Center, 44 Hallam Street, London W1W 6JJ
CONFERENCE AIMED AT RETAILERS WORKING IN MARKETING, IT, DIGITAL, DATA AND TECHNOLOGY