THE RETAIL BULLETIN - The home of retail news
HOME
Department Stores
Electricals
Entertainment
Fashion
Food & Drink
General Merchandise
Health & Beauty
Home & DIY
Interviews
Newsletter
Property
Shopping Centres & Retail Parks
Sports & Leisure
RETAIL INSIGHTS
RETAIL SOLUTIONS
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
Online Conversion Summit 2020
Future of Retail Marketing 2020
The HR Summit 2020
AI in Retail Conference 2020
ABOUT
CONTACT
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Boohoo to acquire 66% stake in Pretty Little Thing

Online fashion retailer Boohoo.com is to acquire a 66% stake in Pretty Little Thing for £3.3 million. The company said the remaining 34% will be used… View Article

FASHION

Boohoo to acquire 66% stake in Pretty Little Thing

Online fashion retailer Boohoo.com is to acquire a 66% stake in Pretty Little Thing for £3.3 million.

The company said the remaining 34% will be used to incentivise Pretty Little Thing chief executive Umar Kamani and the senior management team. Boohoo will then have the option to acquire the remaining stake at market value in February 2022.

Pretty Little Thing grew its revenue by over 400% to £17 million in the year to 29 February 2016 and in the six months to 31 August, revenue climbed to £19 million from £6.4 million in the same period a year earlier.

The company said the transaction will complement its presence both in the UK and overseas.

Peter Williams, chairman of the Boohoo Group, said: “Pretty Little Thing was always going to be a natural fit with boohoo. Umar and his team are to be congratulated for creating a fantastic brand, which complements boohoo’s own inclusive and innovative brand, and we are delighted to add this fast growing, international business to the group. We believe this is an excellent opportunity to extend the group’s overall customer appeal through two distinct, complementary brands while further enhancing the group’s strong growth trajectory.”

As well as announcing the acquisition, Boohoo said it now expects to deliver full year revenue growth of between 38% and 42% against previous guidance of between 30% and 35% following strong trading across Black Friday and the peak trading period.

It also expects to achieve an EBITDA margin of between 11% and 12% against previous guidance of around 11%.

Email this article to a friend

You need to be logged in to use this feature.

Please log in here

Subscribe For Retail News

RETAIL EVENTS

Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
Omnichannel Futures Conference 2020
5 February 2020
Cavendish Conference Centre, 22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
A truly omnichannel offering requires an understanding of customer behaviour across all shopping channels and how this should impact your overall business strategy
Online Conversion Summit 2020
Online Conversion Summit 2020
April 30 2020
The Hallam Conference Centre, London W1W 6JJ
The Retail Bulletin Online Conversion Summit 2020 Partnered by IMRG
Future of Retail Marketing 2020
Future of Retail Marketing 2020
9 June 2020
Hallam Conference Centre, 44 Hallam St, London W1W 6JJ
The Future of Retail Marketing for Customer Engagement
The HR Summit 2020
The HR Summit 2020
1 October 2020
Hallam Conference Centre, London W1W 6JJ
Company values, collaboration with employees and driving a major HR transformation to create a truly omnichannel experience, need to be at the heart of the organisation's culture and brand
AI in Retail Conference 2020
AI in Retail Conference 2020
14 October 2020
Hallam Conference Center, 44 Hallam Street, London W1W 6JJ
CONFERENCE AIMED AT RETAILERS WORKING IN MARKETING, IT, DIGITAL, DATA AND TECHNOLOGY