Please enter your email address to access this article.
Be ready for change
The new JetScanŽ 150 currency scanner from Cummins Allison
When you process currency in a busy retail environment, you need a machine that keeps up with you – and that keeps up with the latest Codes of Conduct and currency changes. The new JetScan® 150 currency scanner from Cummins Allison does all of this and more.
Recent Codes of Conduct from the Bank of England means Retailers have a responsibility to ensure that any cash-dispensing machines in their business, such as ATMs or Self-Service Checkouts, have been filled with banknotes that are verified as genuine and not counterfeit in any way. The easiest and surest way of complying with this is to use a note scanning machine that has been verified by the Bank of England and that has passed all the relevant checks and tests. The JetScan 150 meets these requirements, with counterfeit detection at all levels. Equipped with magnetic, ultraviolet and infrared sensors, you can be confident in catching counterfeit notes.
The other important change, that is now just a few months away, is the release of the polymer £5 note. This is something that all businesses using currency counting technology need to be prepared for. Cummins Allison have been through this process before with work in countries that have already released polymer notes, such as Canada and Australia, so you can be sure that we are more than ready for the switch-over, and that our machines are equipped with the right technology to cope with the challenges specific to the new polymer notes.
In addition to meeting the latest Codes of Conduct and being ready to process the polymer note, the JetScan 150 has a host of other features making it the perfect solution to currency processing in a retail environment:
• A fully functioning pocket plus a reject pocket so that you can keep processing cash without stopping. This reject pocket is what makes the JetScan 150 stand out, by offering additional capabilities from a one-pocket machine without the added expense of moving up to a full two-pocket machine.
• Advanced scanning, allowing you to reduce errors by identifying a ‘stranger’ note that does not belong in that strap, such as a £5 note in a strap of £20s. Thanks to the extra pocket, the stranger note off-sorts without stopping.
• Processing speed of up to 940 notes per minute
• Accuracy and accountability – print summary or detailed reports
• Compact and user friendly
All this means you’ll balance correctly the first time and finish the job faster.
Cummins Allison are world-leaders in cash handling solutions – our cutting-edge technology, combined with excellent customer service and support, means we can offer you a comprehensive solution to all your business needs.
Visit Cummins Allison for more information